Wednesday September 13
America Walks and the Every Body Walk! Collaborative are excited to announce an intensive Advancing Community Change Through Equity and Inclusion training at the 2017 National Walking Summit. Participants will engage in hands-on exercises to practice using resources and hear from professionals on how to best use messaging, tools and practices of walkability to promote equity and social justice. The training will include:
- Information on how to use research-based messages and customize them with local facts and stories
- Practice developing skills to work with media to get your message out and motivate people to be part of the walking movement
- Toolkits on how to incorporate themes of equity and social justice within their work and messaging
- Practice using tools and resource to recognize individual and organizational biases and how to address them
- First-hand accounts from professionals in the field on how to use these tools effectively and persuasively
This training is being led by America Walks.