Friday, September 15
This panel highlights cross-agency collaboration between transportation and health professionals. Four walkability champions across the country will tell their stories to showcase four avenues through which innovative partnerships across sectors have been – and can be – implemented. The presenters will focus on how their training opportunities and expertise have bridged gaps between transportation and health sectors at state and local levels. Their scope of partnership work includes sharing data sources, forming common goals, building standardized tools, emphasizing equal access, and implementing sustainable solutions. They will emphasize the power of partnerships and the effectiveness of facilitating strategic discussions in a community setting.
Room: Kellogg 1
- Kelly Cornett, MS, Health Scientist, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity-Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Heather Gramp, MPH, Policy Analyst, Oregon Health Authority–Public Health Division
- Jasna Hadzic, Principal Planner Transportation, Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Mari Brunner, Planner, Southwest Region Planning Commission
- Ashley Christensen, Regional Safe Routes to School Coordinator, Upper Explorerland Regional Planning Commission