Thursday October 29, 2:15 – 3:45pm
Walking success stories of Detroit, Savannah, and Rochester that have overcome obstacles to address health disparities in programs and the built environment to promote walking and improve access to walking for a variety of under-served populations.
Moderator: Liz Thorstensen, Vice President, Trail Development, Rails-to-Trails conservancy
- Paula Kreissler, Director of Healthy Living and Community Development, Healthy Savannah
- Virginia Dick, Evaluator, Healthy Savannah
- Candice A. Lucas, MBA , Director, Community Health Services, URMC Center for Community Health
- Cindy Gamboa, Project Coordinator, Healthy Environments Partnership
- Jacquelyn Coats, Educator/Evaluator, Healthy Environments Partnership, University of Michigan School of Public Health