Thursday October 29, 7:30 – 9:00pm
Join us and emcee Misty Tripoli, Creator of the GROOVE Method and Founder of the World GROOVE Movement, at the Cities Lounge for an evening program of stories for leaders from the field. Get inspired, motivated, and energized from engaging and lively advocates who have challenged their communities and succeeded in increasing walking and making America a great place to walk. Learn more about Misty Tripoli on our Keynote Speakers page.
This storytelling event will give you a variety of perspectives on strategies to increase walking in your community. Whether increasing your health, making your community a more inviting place to walk, or even looking at the benefits your community will get with more people walking, the stories are sure to leave you inspired to create change in your own community.
- Nicole Ferrara: Personal Stories that Make Change (Executive Director, Walk San Francisco)
- Christy Kwan: Walking Advocacy Wins (Programs & Outreach Director, Alliance for Biking and Walking)
- Michael Schatzki: The No Sweat Couch Potato Recovery Program (Recovering Couch Potato, Author, MPA)
- Vanessa Garrision A Fannie Lou in Every Community: How GirlTrek is Activating Black Women to be Changemakers (Co-founder, GirlTrek)
- Matt Tomasulo: Walk [Your City] (Founder and Chief Civic Instigator, Walk [Your City])
- Andy Peri: Rockin‘ the Nation- Deb Hubsmith’s Passion and Legacy (Sustainable Transportation Advocate)