Important goals and strategies of the Every Body Walk! Collaborative and “Step it Up! The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Promote Walking and Walkable Communities” include 1) making walking a national priority and 2) creating a sustainable national walking movement. For these to be achieved, the movement needs to take root and have ownership and leadership at national, regional, and state levels.
This panel will hear from people who have worked to create networks and coalitions at the national, regional, and state levels to offer insight as to how partnership can grow the power of walking. Attendees will have the opportunity to connect with other advocates from their state and region to take part in a discussion on actions needed for their own communities.
Room: Governors 4
- Kelly Corbin, Physical Activity Coordinator, Minnesota Department of Health
- Amber Dallman, Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Pam Eidson, National Physical Activity Society
- James Kissee, Washington State
- Kate Kraft, America Walks
- Tyler Norris, Chief Executive, Well Being Trust