The National Walking Summit is the premier opportunity for community advocates, nonprofit representatives, government officials, and transit, health, and planning professionals to share best practices and stories, increase the visibility of key issues, build support for the walking movement, and create momentum for the work ahead. Since the first National Walking Summit, held in Washington, DC in 2013, the conference has grown to host over six hundred people from almost every state and individuals from other countries including Canada and the United Kingdom. The conference has explored important topics such as the disparities facing communities across the US, creating accessible and inclusive spaces to be physically active, and expanding what we mean by walking and walkability to include work with transit, affordable housing, climate change, and more.
The national walking movement has always been informed by local work to create safer, more accessible, well-connected networks of mobility. There is no one-sized fits all solution– strategies that are employed to create safer walking environments must reflect the history, culture, and background of each community. With that in mind, America Walks has decided to embrace the opportunities brought on by these changes and redefine the National Walking Summit to focus on localized geographic-based convenings that will feature the unique characteristic of each place and will highlight the home-grown solutions and adaptations that are at work in communities. America Walks will use its network to bring in new stories and resources that can assist in the local work and share the results of the convenings nationwide.
Current conferences are scheduled in Columbus, OH on September 24, 2019 and St. Louis, MO on March 10-11, 2020. Contact us to discuss bringing the National Walking Summit to your community.
- Introduction of Speakers: A representative of the sponsor will have the opportunity to introduce one of the plenary keynote speakers.
- Promotional Table: Sponsors will have the opportunity to display materials at a table set up in the conference space.
- Acknowledgment in Opening Remarks: Sponsor will be mentioned during the opening remarks made by America Walks staff or other conference representative.
- VIP Networking Opportunity: Representative(s) from the sponsor will have the opportunity to attend an exclusive networking opportunity with other sponsors, conference speakers and other high-level attendees.
- Newsletter Profile: Sponsor will be featured in an issue of the America Walks Newsletter with a short profile and logo.
- Logo Placement: Sponsor’s logo will be featured on conference materials including website, program and other promotional items.
- Registrations: Representatives of the sponsor will be given complimentary full-registrations.
- Scholarships (Foundations Only): Foundations will have the opportunity to work with conference staff to grant scholarships to applicants.