Thursday, September 14
The National Physical Activity Plan Alliance has developed a system for evaluating the status of the U.S. in areas that are central to increasing population-level walking behavior. In this session members of the expert panel that developed the Report Card will: a) summarize the process that was followed in selecting constructs for inclusion in the Report Card; b) explain the grading scheme that was adopted; and c) present the rationale for assignment of grades to each of the nine constructs included in the Report Card.
- Russell R. Pate, Professor, University of South Carolina
- Mark Fenton, Transportation, Planning and Public Health Consultant
- Amy Eyler, Assistant Dean for Public Health, Associate Professor, Washington University in St. Louis
- Tom Richards, Director of Corporate Engagement, American Council on Exercise
- Kate Kraft, Executive Director, America Walks