Friday, September 15
Vital and vibrant communities require participation and cooperation from government officials, businesses and organizations to promote walking and walkability efforts in their communities. This session will explore how communities from across the US are putting in place plans and policies that help promote safe, healthy and active neighborhoods.
Room: Governors 4
Moderator: Sonia Jimenez, America Walks Board
For more information on the individual presentations of this session, click on the links below.
- Cristina D. Finch, AICP LEED AP, Director of Transportation, Roanoke-Valley Alleghany Regional Commission, “Roanoke Valley Walks: A Pedestrian Plan for the Future” Download a Copy of the Presentation Here
- Reuben Collins, Civil Engineer III, City of St. Paul Department of Public Works, “The Semi-Complete Story of Complete Streets Implementation in Saint Paul” Download a Copy of the Presentation Here
- Kate Riordan, Active Living Program Manager, Health by Design, “Planning for Health: Using Health, Safety and Equity Data to Prioritize Public Investments” Download a Copy of the Presentation Here
- Heyden Black Walker, Urban Planner, Reconnect Austin and Lauren Cresswell, Policy Advisor, Reconnect Austin, “How Walkable is Your Highway?” Download a Copy of the Presentation Here
- Heidi Wolf, Deputy Director, New York City Department of Transportation (NYCDOT) Pedestrian Projects Group, “Hey, I’m Walking Here!” Download a Copy of the Presentation Here